In 2010 a local drug store blood pressure test indicated high readings. My doctor prescribed the DASH Diet.
Within 2 weeks my blood pressure had dropped to normal.
The DASH Diet works, however, maintaining the DASH effectively can get detailed. So I developed MyDASHDiet,
so that others who are on the DASH Diet have a convenient tool to help them manage
their DASH Diet eating plan. With MyDASHDiet you can:
Eat Right and Lower your Blood Pressure with MyDASHDiet!
- Apply the DASH Diet using your own specific caloric profile
- Set your own Sodium Reduction strategy to achieve maximum blood pressure reduction benefit
- Track all your daily recommended DASH servings and keep a history of your food intake
- View a daily summary of your consumed nutrition to help guide future food choices
- Monitor nutrients important to the DASH diet such as sodium and fat
- Utilize a Default Servings Library providing recommended servings for the most common foods, with a real nutrition facts label
- Create and manage your own library of food Servings
- Use the simple "Quick Add" feature to add multiple servings for on-the-go tracking
- Utilize a handy serving calculator to facilitate quick modification for reduced or oversized servings
- Utilize resources that provide links to online nutrition lookups tools. (requires Internet)
- Track and record blood pressure readings to gauge your progress
- Enjoy the built in DASH Diet Reference to learn all about effective DASH Diet eating
Requires iOS 4.3+